Saturday, October 29, 2011

Final Proposal

I am planning on completing Option #1 because I do not really know what I would do about monsters; I do not really understand anything that they could mean, like vampires or zombies. I also plan on writing about either Edgar Allan Poe or Shakespeare, which means the short stories from both of the authors. Plus I find both of these authors to be dark and tragic, in a way these authors also create monsters in their writings.

I hope to accomplish a clearer thesis, and I hope to finish 5 pages, haha, and I hope to learn how to better analyze literature. I plan on using the library databases, searching criticism and also searching main theme ideas. I know what my main ideas are for both of my choices of authors, but maybe to find some ideas that are complete opposites of my own.

My link is my favorite website about Edgar Allan Poe, because it really shows off who Poe is, http://www.poemuseum.org/index.php

8 comments:

  1. I think thats cool that you are doing option #1, I although choose #2 because I thought it was fitting for Halloween. Best of luck to you on the paper.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Poe is a fantastic author for this project! Shakespeare seems like it would be really hard but I always had a hard time understanding the language. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I have chosen to use Poe for my essay. I love his poetry and stories. I see his writings as both tragic and beautiful. My favorite poem of his is Annabel Lee, and I love his stories. I wish we had writers like him now. So much of modern writing seems too cookie cutter for me. I cant wait to read your draft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good you've found something you like to read! I'm having troubles figuring out what to do. I agree with April it does sound like Shakespeare would be hard but if you are confident and it always helps to actually enjoy reading it you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have picked a good choice. I also have chose to write about option number one because i thought it was much easier to pick off the list instead of going out and searching for something about monsters. I do feel like your decision will be quiet challenging, but hey all are very challenging. And i do wish you luck on your essay and i hope you reach 5 pages also ! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also chose option #1. It seams more realistic, because I don't really have interest in monsters. Edgar Alan Poe is a great author to write about. I agree with your goals you have set for this paper. Finishing 5 pages is going to be tough. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Shakespeare sounds very good to research about,Im also not into monsters as my friend is, but I hope this Essay becomes more interesting and fun. I know its not gonna be so easy but oh well. 5 pages its a long way to go i might as well start now.
    Thanks for Sahering
    Rigo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I plan on working with option 1 as well. Although, I do not have a lot of information about these authors or monsters in general I feel that it will be a fun project! Best of luck to you with your project!

    ReplyDelete